Applications for positions on the Local Organising Committee of the IYNC 2020 conference are now closed, however we would still like to hear from interested people looking to participate in organising the conference. Please contact us here.
The International Youth Nuclear Congress (IYNC) is the international parent organisation of AusYGN. It is a global non-profit organisation connecting students and young professionals engaged in all areas of nuclear science and technology.
The main activity of the IYNC is the organisation of a biennial conference for students and young professionals from a variety of countries. AusYGN is proud to announce that the next IYNC will be hosted in Sydney in early 2020.
As part of this, a Local Organising Committee is required to work in tandem with the IYNC International Organising Committee to organise and execute the conference. AusYGN is seeking applicants for several roles on the Local Organising Committee.
The submission should include the following:
- Name, contact email, contact number and location
- Previous experience relevant for the role
- Skills relevant for the role (max. 500 words)
- What your interest is in being involved
- First and second role preference
The following positions are available:
Local Sponsorship Chair
The key responsibilities of the Local Sponsorship Chair include:
- Development of the overarching sponsorship strategy for the conference
- Collaboration with International Sponsorship Chair to prepare a common sponsorship strategy
- Carrying out the sponsorship strategy within the host country
- Submission of a monthly report to the Local Finance Chair.
The key responsibilities of the Logistics Chair include:
- Arrangements for all facilities and service providers required for the conference
- Arrangements for local transport for technical tours and social events
- Preparation of information for international trips, local transportation and hotel information
- Assistance in integration of activities across functions
- Acting as go-to for questions and concerns during the week of congress
- Management and organisation of volunteers during the conference week.
Local PR/Communications Chair
The key responsibilities of the Local PR/Communications Chair include:
- Collaboration with the External Communications and International Relations Chair in their development of the Communication Strategy for the conference
- Development of and carrying out of the local Communication Strategy for the conference
- Local Champion for Diversity in conference speakers, representatives and attendees
- Production of promotional materials
- Collaboration with the Technology Chair to manage Social Media/Website content prior to and throughout conference.
Social Events Chair
The key responsibilities of the Social Events Chair include::
- Organisation of the social, cultural or athletic events for the conference
- Coordination with the Logistics Chair to organise transportation and meals as required
- Preparation of information on the events to be advertised to the public.
Technical Tours Chair
The key responsibilities of the Technical Tours Chair include:
- Organisation of the technical tours for the conference
- Coordination with the Logistics Chair to organise transportation and meals for the technical tours
- Leading and coordination of the group of technical tour volunteers
- Preparation of itineraries, schedules and timetables for the tours
- Preparation of information to be advertised to the public on the technical tours.
The key responsibilities of the Technology Chair include:
- Development and management of the conference website
- Development and management of the conference application
- Management of IT platforms used by the organising committee
- Collaboration with Local PR/Communications Chair to manage Social Media/Website content.