Australian Young Generation in Nuclear (AusYGN) will hold its first annual general meeting (AGM) at 2pm AEDT on Friday 10 March 2017. The venue will be the AINSE Theatre, New Illawarra Rd, Lucas Heights NSW 2234. We will be organising a webinar and online voting so anyone can participate, whenever you are in Australia.
We’re looking for committee members! There are nine positions available. The term is one year and there’s no limit to the number of times you can be re-elected.
- Information Systems Officer
- Media and Communications Officer
- Industry Officer
- Science and Research Officer
- Events Officer
The role descriptions are available here. To apply, please submit a single-page PDF cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should describe your background in nuclear science and technology and outline how you meet the role description. The deadline for applications is 5pm AEDT Wednesday 1 March 2017. I’ll distribute the applications together on Friday 3 March 2017 to allow time for review ahead of the AGM. At the AGM you will have three minutes to speak and two minutes to answer questions prior to the vote.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AusYGN is an association for young people interested in nuclear science and technology here in Australia. The constitution (attached) lists the association’s aims:
- to promote the peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology, and
- to promote transfer of knowledge between different generations of nuclear professionals, and
- to develop and expand a network of young nuclear professionals, and
- to encourage exchange of knowledge and information among young nuclear professionals.
Membership is free, and anyone over the age of 18 can participate. The association is intended to represent young people, so in order to vote at the AGM or serve on the committee you will need to be age 35 or under.